These chicken patties are a real hit with all the family, and can be the basis of any quick weeknight meal. They can also be prepared ahead of time, frozen, defrosted, then finished off in the oven later.
Fresh Thai flavours permeate these tender little patties, but Italian or Moroccan flavours would work equally well, so feel free to improvise.
500g chicken thighs (skinless and boneless)
3/4 cup of very finely sliced green beans or grated courgette
3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
Coconut oil for cooking
Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
1. Place the chicken into a food processor and mix until finely chopped.
2. Transfer the chicken into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients (except the coconut oil ) and mix.
3. Once evenly mixed, shape into patties.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
5. Sear the patties on both sides until golden and transfer onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
6. Place in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. Serve warm with a fresh salad.
**** If you wish to make these ahead of time, just sear the patties and store in an airtight container in the freezer. Simply defrost, place the patties on an oven tray and pop them in the oven. ****
**** These are also great for lunch the next day ****