THE CONSCIOUS KITCHEN
PHOTOGRAPHY + STYLING
September 10, 2017
We don't use cream very often at home, it tends to make me a bit sniffly, but every now and again is fine.
You will love this recipe, it is totally delicious.
Try other vegetables such as, broccoli, cauliflower or green beans.
It is a delight served with good quality pasta, spirallised vegetable noodles, cauliflower rice or mashed root vegetables.
Creamy Garlic and Thyme Chicken with Spinach and Mushrooms
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, finely diced
500g chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
6-8 large button mushrooms, quartered
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1 1/2 cups good quality chicken stock (or white wine)
1 cup fresh cream
double handful of spinach
generous pinch of salt
juice of one lemon
1. In a large heavy based frying pan, melt the butter.
2. Add the onion and garlic, sauté for 10 minutes.
3. Add the chicken, mushrooms and thyme, then continue to cook until the chicken begins to brown.
4. Pour over the stock or wine, simmer on a medium heat uncovered until liquid has reduced 20-30 minutes.
5. When there is very little liquid left, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer.
6. Season with salt and stir through the spinach, until wilted.
7. Finally remove from the heat and stir though the juice of the lemon.
Serve with cauliflower rice, pasta, spirallised vegetable noodles or mashed root vegetables.
Chargrilled Corn and Fresh Nectarine Salad
January 3, 2020
Summer Strawberry Compote
November 18, 2019
Lemony Lentil Salad
November 10, 2019
Dark Chocolate Brownie
November 6, 2019
October 15, 2019
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Japanese Winter Vegetable Salad
Spring Greens Minestrone Soup
Grain Free Chocolate Cake to Die For!
Citrus Parsnip Cake
September 23, 2019