I love one pot wonders. They are great to prepare ahead of time and heat up just before dinner and usually you can stretch them out for two nights. This recipe could also be done in the crock pot / slow cooker.
Spanish Chicken with Smoked Paprika, Beans and Olives
500g boneless chicken thighs
1 red onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 bulb of fennel, finely sliced (optional)
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of water or stock
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
handful of olives
1 can of cannellini beans, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180ºC
1. In a large cast iron frying pan or oven proof pot heat a glug of olive oil.
2. Gently fry the onion and garlic until translucent.
3. Add the chicken, fennel, tomatoes, water, paprika and olives. (not the beans)
4. Bring to a gentle boil and then place in the oven uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and the chicken is tender.
5. Stir through the beans and replace in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
6. Serve with green vegetables or a salad, and garnish with chopped parsley.